Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Due to technical difficulties, I have been a bit slow on updates this week.

I try to keep blogging at work to a minimum for obvious reasons, so haven’t been able to include any updates.

Plus, I have been quite busy with Jayce arriving back in the UK at last ;)

I met Jayce at his office straight from work on the Friday of his return.

Usually, his PA shows me in, but this time Jayce was waiting for me with a bottle of champagne having sent her home early.

I don’t why, but I felt quite shy seeing him again after a two week gap and had expected things to feel different somehow, but the awkward feelings dissolved after a few glasses of champagne.

“I missed you, you know… That’s why I got you this..”

He said, taking a large, beautifully gift wrapped box from his desk draw.

I carefully undid the ribbons and opened the box to find the most beautiful, delicate silk underwear I have ever seen.

For a moment I was speechless.

“It’s beautiful!” I gasped, not quite knowing what else to say.

“You can show me how much you like it later. I’ve booked us a table for dinner, then a hotel for tonight. I don’t have anywhere to rush off too, so we could spend the whole night together. That is... Unless you have somewhere you have to be?”

We hurriedly drank the last of the champagne as Jayce called downstairs for a cab.

As I gathered my things, a few thoughts ran through my head.

How was Jayce able to find underwear in a DD in Japan - country of notoriously small breasted women? (Maybe bringing me back sushi would have screamed fake business trip?).

Why on his first night back, was he not obliged to return home and spend the night with his wife?

But, it wasn’t my place to ask these questions. I should know by now what I am getting myself into.

But all the same, it made the champagne taste a bit sour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home