Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I was sitting on the train today happily passing the time blowing bubbles with my Hubba-Bubba bubblegum, when suddenly, a well dress commuter sitting opposite me and said:

“You know, you are a very attractive girl, but blowing bubbles with bubblegum spoils the look”.

I told him that I could say the same about his comedy socks with his expensive shoes and suit, to which he laughed.

It got me thinking, what gave him the right to tell me not to blow bubbles with my gum as it spoilt his view?!

Does this mean that I now have license to ask commuters to change their appearance on the grounds of eye pollution?

“Excuse me madam, I could not help but notice that you haven’t brushed your hair today. It is spoiling my over all enjoyment of your features. Do you mine if I give it a quick comb?”

If this were allowed, fashion crimes would be a thing of the past.

Just think of all those times when you have wanted to wipe the smeary garish make-up of a twelve year olds face, or ripped off a businessman’s Mickey Mouse tie.

You could even go as far as to suggest that whiffy passengers use a squirt of deodorant or told them about their bad breath/spinach in their teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home